Saturday, October 17, 2009

Random photos and facts about my home



My official counterpart working at the health center. Yes folks this is really all he has in the way of equipment for the consultations and alot of things are broken, like the scale.




A bush taxi. Yes you are looking at a car with six sheep and a man on top of it and yes people really do travel this way. I've also seen cars with so much on top the vehicle is twice its normal height.
Oh and we also fit 10 plus people inside.


Me and my petite Djenna on my last morning at site.

Nene (Mother) Aissatou learning her alphabet. She finally got thru it A-Z and she can write her name. She is very excited about this and about learning french.

She is a smart lady and teaches the Koran but she can't read or write in the roman alphabet so we started with that as step one for our lessons.



No comments: