Saturday, October 17, 2009

Ramadan


Petits in their fete clothes.

Oumou on fete day.


Mariama and Me. Check out the awesome outfits.















Aminata and Me















Hanging out in front of Binta's boutique


















Petits all dressed up and headed out.











The pre-Ramadan fete market











So despite the hunger I really liked Ramadan. I tried to fast and I actually made it one day without caving in and eating. So yeah for me I guess. If you don't know you have to go pretty much from sun up to sun down without food or water. I really liked the end of the day because my neighbor Aminata and I would run over to Nene Aissatou's house and eat. Most of these pics were taken during the fete after the last day of fasting. Basically we all got dressed up and showed off our new complets and ate. I didn't go all out with the complet mine was simple without fancy embroidery.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Thanks for sharing!!! So good to "see" you :)