Wednesday, August 19, 2009

24

I've been telling people I'm almost 24 for so long now that i've turned it it is kinda anti-climatic. I had a really relaxing day. Read, ate, hung out with friends, drank wine. My mom sent me a magical birthday box: confetti, balloons, a banner, candy, and a birthday cake scented cadle (which some might consider cruel but I think its sweet). Plus there were presents! In bright paper with shiney bows.
My petits brought me an interesting gift: crabs. I should explain. About a week ago down at the laundry spot a woman started freaking out because she saw a crab wading thru the water. Now since they always give me crap saying "oh you're afraid of this or that" (Am not I just dont want things like chickens or fous taking a tour of my house). So in a turn of the tables I said, "you're afraid of that? But they are so good to eat. That is why they now think I would want crabs. Of course liking to eat crabs and actually trying to cook one of the ugly crustations are two different things. So I had them set free but not before pretending to grab oune up and caring the kids. Some days are never dull.

Thanks to everyone who sent me birthday wishes!!

No comments: