Wednesday, August 5, 2009

View of my home









View from where I go to talk on my phone.






My Stove/Kitchen area. A food basket hangs on the wall with a hanging scale and pants for baby weighting.



My tailor's shop.




My friend washing her clothes in the river. I promised to put up a better pic of her next time when she isn't dressed down to do chores.





The pharmacy where I hang out at most evenings. The tailor's shop isn't in view but it is the next building on the right.






On the other side of the tailors is the grand boutique. Here are all of the notables sitting around trading the evening news, listening to the radio.







My very cluttered table.








The mouse that woke me up at 3am as it was trying to escape the bucket. I named it Gloria. Alas Gloria died sometime during the night.






A bunch of local kids who came to celebrate Fatimatou's (sitting down in the orange) birthday. They decided to have the party on my porch. We danced and ate candy.









My bookshelf/clothing storage decorated with all of my birthday cards. Thanks MOM!!!





My bed. You can see part of the bright pink rice sack matress.












Petits watching me stop to take a picture of a camelion.










Across the street from me this is where I go to talk on the phone. You can sit under that little hut.











View from my porch of the mountains.
















Some of the local petits hanging out in my yard: (l-r) Sekou, Cherno, and Amadou.













The pump where I go and get water.











More of my favorite petits: (l-r) Abdoulatif, Oumou, and Abdoulaye.













Empty market stalls. On monday this area is packed with people buying and selling.












Main road thru my town. That big hill with trees is where they sell livestock on market day, on the right hand side are boutiques and video clubs.

No comments: