Saturday, December 25, 2010

Jingle Bells




For being a "Muslim" country and vehemently denying the Christmas holiday there sure was a lot of decking the halls going on in Tunisia. I saw Santa with a saxophone and I can't tell you how many little fake plastic evergreen trees around Tunis, not to mention the lights. Even the commercials were busting out the Christmas carols, even though there was no Christmas to be had there. Still we made the most of Christmas. Thanks to the lovely Monoprix and my desire for cheap chocolate goodies I was able to whip up chocolate mousse and little cakes filled with chocolate pudding and topped with pineapple and whipped cream. Thanks to the internet we were able to stream A Christmas Story even though all three of us fell asleep- I made it to the tongue on the flag pole. And Thanks to some man's obsession with the Plaza in NYC we went to the Plaza Tunis and I had the best steak I've ever had on Christmas Eve.


Santa rocking out on sax in downtown Tunis.


Jess and I acting goofy amongst the Christmas decorations (and plastic flamingos) at the Plaza.

No comments: