Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Agropoli

Upon leaving San Felice I had Anna drop me off in the nearby seaside town of Agropoli.  I could tell she was a little worried since I didn't seem to know where I was going or staying.  I was worried too (especially since the one hostel in the entire town was closed for the season) but I wasn't going to let her know that.  Instead I had her drop me off along the seaside where I knew from my brief phone book research that there were a number of B&B's and small hotels.  I quickly discovered that Agropoli was down for the tourist season and things would be too expensive for me but the nice man at the hotel gave me a glass of wine and let me use the internet so I could take an hour and get myself sorted out.  Then I hid my stuff in the bar and went out to explore the town before taking a bus north to Salerno.  Here's what I found:

The beachfront with a view of the old town and castle on the hill.

A memorial to those who served in the war in Iraq.

A very long and steep street leading to the old town.

Old church

The locks on the railing is something Italian kids got from a movie.  So now young couples write their names on a lock and place it on a bridge railing, or in this case on the railing of the overlook.

  A better shot of the old town over the water.

No comments: