Monday, December 8, 2008

Making it to Africa

Africa is crazy and we've been going non stop since arriving. First getting here was an adventure because at Dakar we were supposed to just connect with our flight but instead we had to go thru customs, claim our bags, and check back in and make it back thru security in 2 hours. Dorian rocks she co-ordinated and got us thru. The view from where we are is incredible, you can see the ocean thru the palm trees and see some of the islands and part of the mainland that swings around but its misleading, Conakry is a very impovershed city. Inspite of that all the people I have come across are incredible upbeat and full of life. This evening we went to the beach to hear a band play, and we danced with the children and played games with them. The kids here are so adorable, they are so full of energy it is incredible. I hope there are alot of petits in my host family. I'm feeling really optimistic about the whole experience I just have to make it thru stage. I think I will. I'll write more around Christmas when I have internet access. Take care everyone!!!

No comments: