Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tower of Hope

I am doing jack. It’s a market day but not many women are coming to get their babies vaccinated. Fine by me, I have a head cold and all I want is for my face to stop hurting and a nap. I’m trying to focus but it’s not easy. I look out and see a group climbing the hill on the other side of the road. One of many groups who have made the trek up the hill. I tend to think of them as pilgrims marching up to stare at the new cell phone tower and the gate house being built with it.

The tower stands out over the village, a silent solitary figure. It represents hope to people here- most of all me because I hate having to bike 3k to get crappy cell service. Can you hear me now, how about now. Rumors abound about when it will come to life. Still we wait for everything to be finished. Until then people will continue to journey up the hill to see what’s happening and hoping for a miracle- that they will have cell service soon.

No comments: